By Lynn Scheurell
It’s been said that we conscious entrepreneurs are consistently either in breakdown or breakthrough (or sometimes one leads to the other, either way). In any case, the future is radically transformed as a necessary result.
Personally, I find it best to run toward and commandeer the process rather than avoid, neglect, resist or avoid it. (But then, I am a Catalyst and the state of change is my language…) ;=)
A few important aspects of commandeering your own change process is to frame it toward breakthrough – always. Whatever is happening is designed to show you what you’ve been missing up until now.
Next is to celebrate all the little breakthrough victories you can in the moment as they come to keep your mindset optimistic. If you can’t find the breakthrough yet, look for the one that’s on the horizon.
Lastly, commandeering means you assume command of the situation and makes it seem as though you’re in charge, which does three things: 1) minimizes the fear, 2) calls forward your creativity to solve problems and 3) creates an illusion but it feels better so it’s easier to weather in any case.
The types of breakthroughs that are available to you in any situation are invaluable when you know what to look for by seeing with metaphysical eyes. For example, here is the story of one of my clients, who had her business vision and elements of business operations in place for about a year but wanted to get new visibility, clients and revenues streams.
As she expanded her service offerings and marketing campaigns, she was plagued with indecision, her life partner criticized her choices and actions, and her money flow became jeopardized. She felt like she didn’t know which end was up anymore, how she was going to survive, if she was on the right path (because surely if she was, these things wouldn’t be happening). It felt like complete breakdown for everything she’d worked for so far, including her significant relationship.
In that moment, she had the invitation to breakdown or see the breakthroughs. Of course, opting for the breakthroughs means you are accountable for what you see and learn – you must take action accordingly.
Here are the five breakthrough opportunities in this all-too-common scenario:
1. Freedom From What Is. When you realize what you’ve been doing isn’t working, you can freedom from what is and allow yourself to step into possibility.
2. Decision-Making Clarity. When you have to get ‘real’ with what’s happening, you are gifted with extreme clarity – no more hiding from truth – in order to make decisions faster (and, ideally, better with your new perspective).
3. Philosophical Insight. Your inner wisdom is reaching toward you to give you the next best step to grow yourself through resolving what is in front of you. You cannot stay small and expand into your best self at the same time; your insights will guide you the most effective way from where you are to where you belong.
4. Values Alignment. Anything that you’ve been doing, having or being that is not in your best interest will be apparent; alignment is the best way to smooth agitation, frustration and anxiety. If ‘it’ was meant for you, you wouldn’t be fighting it… so let go of what no longer serves you and get congruent with what does.
5. Knowingness. It’s easy to make excuses and overlook the ‘small’ things until you choke on them or feel so restricted your spirit says no and sets a new boundary. When you know what you know like you know you are a man or a woman, it changes everything.
Each of these breakthrough opportunities is afforded from what seems like chaos, uncertainty and disaster. The next time you’re experiencing any of those symptoms, know that your breakthrough is waiting for you to acknowledge it.
As for my client, you may have recognized yourself in that story and, frankly, that was my inspiration to share it because that was me almost two decades ago.
By showing up and commandeering my own breakthrough then (and many times since) from what appeared to be broken shards of disappointed dreams, I’ve created an amazing experience for myself and others.
It makes all the difference when you can see your breakthrough coming and deliberately take charge of it. May you do so willingly, take right action correspondingly and seize the imminent rewards that are waiting for you.
I’d love to hear about your breakthroughs – what have you achieve and what are you currently experiencing? Please leave me a note below to share…
© 2013 Lynn M. Scheurell
Making the most of human nature since 1998, Lynn M. Scheurell is an authority for high-potential entrepreneurs who desire to create intentional business success by connecting the dots between inner and outer beliefs and business expression. Changing the world starts by understanding your motivations, inspirations and purpose; in other words, changing the world starts within you. Only then can you apply your intensity through strategic business models, systems and focused action to create conscious, and often dramatic, results. See www.MyCreativeCatalyst.com